donation : money : small amount : recurring

David.Crosswell david.crosswell2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:30:09 PDT 2012

--------------enig885E69D672D52D40286B2CEB

--------------080100080707040208090603

On 28/06/12 09:33, elekktretterr at exemail.com.au wrote:
>> You're right. I forgot about SFC.
>>
> You see, there are ways. But even if DragonFly wanted to register as
> non-profit on it's own. Sure it's complex and time consuming, but it's
> been _10_ years.

Even considering that a non-profit registration is necessary?
Why can't we determine what's required and all of us just put in to pay
that bill.
If $2000 is needed for a new server - why don't we all just put in
what's required to buy it, then go onto the next project.
I'm sure everybody has a visa card or similar.
All we need is the supplier payment details.

We can get all excited about non-profit and subsequent incorporation late=
r.

It does have advantages:

 1. It facilitates sales to government, which would provide work for
    developers and sys admins familiar with DF
 2. It facilitates access to government information. We could Facebook th=
em.

I'm in!
Regards,

David.

--------------080100080707040208090603

  <head>
      http-equiv=3D"Content-Type">
  </head>
    On 28/06/12 09:33, <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mail=
to:elekktretterr at exemail.com.au">elekktretterr at exemail.com.au</a> wrote:
cite=3D"mid:db20c32881ca9434dcc8c60327492feb.squirrel at webmail.exetel.com.=
au"
      type=3D"cite">
        <pre wrap=3D"">You're right. I forgot about SFC.

</pre>
      <pre wrap=3D"">
You see, there are ways. But even if DragonFly wanted to register as
non-profit on it's own. Sure it's complex and time consuming, but it's
been _10_ years.

</pre>
    Even considering that a non-profit registration is necessary?<br>
    Why can't we determine what's required and all of us just put in to
    pay that bill.<br>
    If $2000 is needed for a new server - why don't we all just put in
    what's required to buy it, then go onto the next project.<br>
    I'm sure everybody has a visa card or similar.<br>
    All we need is the supplier payment details.<br>
    We can get all excited about non-profit and subsequent incorporation
    later.<br>
    It does have advantages:<br>
    <ol>
      <li>It facilitates sales to government, which would provide work
        for developers and sys admins familiar with DF</li>
      <li>It facilitates access to government information. We could
        Facebook them.<br>
      </li>
    </ol>
      Regards,<br>