donation : money : small amount : recurring

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado iam at juanfra.info
Wed Jun 27 11:22:21 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 08:53:43AM +1000, elekktretterr at exemail.com.au wrote:
> > We don't really have a mechanism for that, cause we don't have a path
> > for that money.  If you want to save up some money, there is:
>
> I have a feeling that Dragonfly is cutting itself out of extra funding and
> possibly developers.
>
> A lot of people might want to donate money for tax reasons.

For deduce taxes from donations, the dragonfly project needs create a
non-profit organization and this is something complex and time
consuming.

> For example Minix3 that just went BSD, i looked at their website and they
> are paying at least 2-3 full time developers.

"MINIX 3 won a grant from the European Research Council for (euro) 2.5
million to further research in highly reliable operating systems".  IIRC
they don't need create a non-profit for win a grant like this. Other
projects like PyPy have similar grants from the goverment of European
Union.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info