XFCE based LiveDVD/IMG

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Wed Jul 25 10:54:11 PDT 2012

--bcaec51823a2cb407404c5ab2be7

Unfortunately, it failed during boot on my Dell Studio 14z laptop (1440),
so I think DF just doesn't like this hardware.  I did try booting without
ACPI and AHCI, but no luck.  Lots of errors, but where it failed each time
was at device "xpt".  I can provide exact error messages, if you want.

Tim

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Tim Darby <t+dfbsd at timdarby.net> wrote:

> Thanks, I will definitely give this a try and let you know how it goes.
>
> Tim
>

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been working on and off on a better, XFCE based DVD/IMG for some
>> time (hehe, more off than on).
>>
>> The result of my attempts so far is here:
>>
>> http://island.quantumachine.**net/~swildner/LiveDVD/x86_64/<http://island.quantumachine.net/~swildner/LiveDVD/x86_64/>
>>
>> The USB image is larger than 4GB, unfortunately (I think around 5GB, as
>> it was too full with 4GB).
>>
>> In addition to what we ship on our regular CD/IMG, it has the following
>> packages installed:
>>
>> meta-pkgs/modular-xorg
>> meta-pkgs/xfce4
>> meta-pkgs/xfce4-extras
>> mail/thunderbird
>> www/midori
>> editors/emacs
>> editors/vim
>> misc/libreoffice
>> multimedia/vlc
>> chat/pidgin
>> chat/irssi
>> misc/tmux
>> graphics/gimp
>> graphics/xsane
>>
>> I have not yet verified how useful xsane is, or if it works at all.
>>
>> It might at least save some time for those who want to install or try out
>> using these packages.
>>
>> Help, ideas, testing and comments are welcome.
>>
>> Sascha

--bcaec51823a2cb407404c5ab2be7

g boot on my Dell Studio 14z laptop (1440), so I think DF just doesn't =
like this hardware. =A0I did try booting without ACPI and AHCI, but no luck=
. =A0Lots of errors, but where it failed each time was at device "xpt&=
quot;. =A0I can provide exact error messages, if you want.<br clear=3D"all"=

by <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:t+dfbsd at timdarby.net" target=3D"=
gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-=
left:1ex">

 this a try and let you know how it goes.<span class=3D"HOEnZb"><font color=
OEnZb"><font color=3D"#888888"><div>

Wildner <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:saw at online.de" target=3D"_b=
te" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"=

Hi,<br>
I've been working on and off on a better, XFCE based DVD/IMG for some t=
ime (hehe, more off than on).<br>
The result of my attempts so far is here:<br>
t=3D"_blank">http://island.quantumachine.<u></u>net/~swildner/LiveDVD/x86_6=
4/</a><br>
The USB image is larger than 4GB, unfortunately (I think around 5GB, as it =
was too full with 4GB).<br>
In addition to what we ship on our regular CD/IMG, it has the following pac=
kages installed:<br>
meta-pkgs/modular-xorg<br>
meta-pkgs/xfce4<br>
meta-pkgs/xfce4-extras<br>
mail/thunderbird<br>
www/midori<br>
editors/emacs<br>
editors/vim<br>
misc/libreoffice<br>
multimedia/vlc<br>
chat/pidgin<br>
chat/irssi<br>
misc/tmux<br>
graphics/gimp<br>
graphics/xsane<br>
I have not yet verified how useful xsane is, or if it works at all.<br>
It might at least save some time for those who want to install or try out u=
sing these packages.<br>
Help, ideas, testing and comments are welcome.<span><font color=3D"#888888"=
Sascha<br>

--bcaec51823a2cb407404c5ab2be7--