frequency scaling on D525MW not working properly

william opensource4you william.os4y at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 01:05:54 PDT 2012

All,

just my 2 cents :-)

since one week, I'm just installing dbsd on an hp-mini: Atom N455.

I've no CPU related issues.

here sysctl out put:
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu.px_dom0.available: 1666 1333 1000
hw.acpi.cpu.px_dom0.members: cpu0(1000)
hw.acpi.cpu.px_dom0.select: 1000
hw.acpi.cpu.px_global: 1666
hw.acpi.cpu0.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/57
hw.acpi.cpu0.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu0.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00% 0.00% last 5000us
hw.acpi.cpu1.cx_supported: C1/1 C2/1 C3/57
hw.acpi.cpu1.cx_lowest: C1
hw.acpi.cpu1.cx_usage: 100.00% 0.00% 0.00% last 5000u

powerd sounds to work:

dfly# powerd -d
qavg= 0.02 savg= 0.00  1/ 1 ncpus=0
dom0 set frequency 1000
qavg= 1.02 savg= 0.34  0/ 0 ncpus=1
dom0 set frequency 1666
qavg= 0.00 savg= 0.22  1/ 1 ncpus=0
dom0 set frequency 1000
qavg= 0.49 savg= 0.28  0/ 0 ncpus=1

Please note that I'm using dbsd current (21/07/2012).

if I can help to perform additional tests ... do not hesitate, this is
test machine.

Regards

William

ps:
Later I will post more details about what is working and what not.