Motherboard advice

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Jul 29 23:06:34 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 05:37:41AM +0000, Jelle Hermsen wrote:
> I'm going to build a new workstation and since I'll only be running Dragonfly I want to take this opportunity to get it right. I've been using laptops for years and I must admit I can't quite see the forest for the trees here. I know that I want to have ECC memory and I would love to have some kind of graphics chipset that just works without too much hassle (since I'll mostly be running a terminal in X).

Have a look at the supported hardware page:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/supportedhardware/

For ECC support, you'll probably need to use a server board and add discrete
sound and graphics cards.

These two Supermicro boards are the only ones with ECC support + sound
onboard I know of:
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9SRA.cfm
http://www.supermicro.nl/products/motherboard/Xeon/C600/X9DAi.cfm

There is also one Asus workstation board which *may* support ECC.

--
Francois Tigeot