machine won't start

Raimundo Santos raitech at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:00:58 PDT 2012

--bcaec5171a691c3a7e04c4017700

On 4 July 2012 06:25, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com> wrote:

> The most important questions are
> - will the installer always corrupt the hdd in this machine?

Well, I have never seen this issue, but if it happened one time, may happen
again. If you like some challenge, try to install by hand. It is no that
dificult. Try to partition the HDD

> - is there a plan to fix this?

I can not answer this... dunno. I have an issue with NTFS partitions,
Antonio Huete was trying to fix it, but there are a lot of other priorities
and a problem that affects a little percentage of machines need much effort=
.

Have you some interest in helping by programing and testing? it would be
appreciated!

cheers!

--=20
Raimundo A. P. Santos
Bacharelando em Inform=E1tica
ICMC - USP

--bcaec5171a691c3a7e04c4017700

=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:carstenmattner at gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">=
l_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left=
:1ex">

- will the installer always corrupt the hdd in this machine?<br></blockquot=
e><div><br>Well, I have never seen this issue, but if it happened one time,=
 may happen again. If you like some challenge, try to install by hand. It i=
s no that dificult. Try to partition the HDD <br>

=A0<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px =
0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
is... dunno. I have an issue with NTFS partitions, Antonio Huete was trying=
 to fix it, but there are a lot of other priorities and a problem that affe=
cts a little percentage of machines need much effort.<br>

Bacharelando em Inform=E1tica<br>ICMC - USP<br>

--bcaec5171a691c3a7e04c4017700--