Gconf error

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sun Jan 29 04:07:16 PST 2012

On Sunday, January 29, 2012 00:49:37 c.turner wrote:
> Did you ever figure this out? it seems I have run into the problem,
> and alas, it is not so simple since it touches the mess of
> dbus/gconf/hal/ which I have deliberately avoided learning until now :D

I didn't, and I've been happily using kate and kwrite since. I have had kmail
die aborning because Akonadi (whatever that is) could not register with dbus,
then the next time I booted, it could register with dbus. I did "bmake
replace" on dbus, which appeared to make no difference, and I did "rcrun enable
dbus", which may have made a difference.

I had a cryptic error starting Kmail on my Ubuntu laptop and found out how to
fix it with akonadiconsole. I probably have to do something similar on DFly, as
my address book is in a directory which Kontact doesn't know about on DFly,
rsynced from my Linux box. I can access it in Kontact on DFly, but it doesn't
automatically bring up email addresses when I type the name. akonadiconsole is
in a separate package on Ubuntu, but is in the akonadi package in DFly.

Pierre
--
lo ponse be lo mruli po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko