pkgsrc: multimedia/handbrake

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Tue Jan 31 10:48:11 PST 2012

--14dae93405c5d430b204b7d76827

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> On 1/31/2012 4:48 PM, Tim Darby wrote:
> > The build of handbrake fails as shown below. What do I need to do to get
> > this working?
> >

> A lot.  You need to:
> > bmake clean
> > bmake patch
> then go into the work directory and figure out why HB_NORMAL_PRIORITY
> isn't defined.  The normal cause of these things is that DragonFly isn't
> recognized in the configuration or the cpp macros and header
> includes/definitions don't get made.  Sometimes the package is very
> system-specific and just isn't supported by anything other than NetBSD.
>  You will be troubleshooting a broken package and this can take quite
> some time.
>
> After you've identified the cause you can create a patch (or update an
> existing patch if the file is question is already patched), and open a
> PR with your patch.
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/support/send-pr.html
>
> If you fix it, tell me the PR number and I'll claim it and try to get
> the fix into pkgsrc permanently.
>
> John

Thanks for the pointers.  I'll dig into it and let you know.

Tim

--14dae93405c5d430b204b7d76827

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM, John Marino <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=
=3D"mailto:dragonflybsd at marino.st">dragonflybsd at marino.st</a>></span> wr=
=3D"gmail_quote">

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im">On 1/31/2012 4:48 PM, Tim =
Darby wrote:<br>
> The build of handbrake fails as shown below. What do I need to do to g=
et<br>
> this working?<br>
> bmake clean<br>
> bmake patch<br>
then go into the work directory and figure out why HB_NORMAL_PRIORITY<br>
isn't defined. =A0The normal cause of these things is that DragonFly is=
n't<br>
recognized in the configuration or the cpp macros and header<br>
includes/definitions don't get made. =A0Sometimes the package is very<b=
r>
system-specific and just isn't supported by anything other than NetBSD.=
=A0You will be troubleshooting a broken package and this can take quite<br>
some time.<br>
After you've identified the cause you can create a patch (or update an<=
br>
existing patch if the file is question is already patched), and open a<br>
PR with your patch.<br>
tp://www.netbsd.org/support/send-pr.html</a><br>
If you fix it, tell me the PR number and I'll claim it and try to get<b=
r>
the fix into pkgsrc permanently.<br>
John<br>

--14dae93405c5d430b204b7d76827--