disable lpr

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 3 22:53:05 PST 2012

:I installed cups, which has its own lpr program, and deleted the lpr that is
:in world. If I rebuild world, how do I tell it not to install lpr? I know I
:did this for sendmail, but I forgot where the configuration is.
:
:Pierre
:--
:lo ponse be lo mruli po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko

    I'm running cups on my workstation too, talking to a Canon printer.

    Instead of disabling lpr I just reworked the PATH environment variable
    to put /usr/pkg/bin before /usr/bin.

    Another trick I use if the above is too sneaky is to put /usr/local/bin
    first in the PATH and create a script called lpr to exec the the one
    from /usr/pkg/bin.

    --

    If we really wanted to make things easy we could make /usr/bin/lpr
    recognize an environment variable to tell it to forward to another

					<dillon at backplane.com>