3.0 release this weekend

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Feb 17 14:48:15 PST 2012

On 2/17/2012 6:38 AM, Samuel J. Greear wrote:

>     I don't know if it [KDE] installed completely in 2.10, come to think
>     of it.
>

> The KDE versions in pkgsrc are grossly out of date. Users should
> actually have better luck compiling newer KDE version by hand from the
> KDE repo's directly, because of work Alex H. did getting DragonFly
> patches into upstream.
>
> Sam

I fixed all the broken KDE3 packages before the Q4 branch.  All of them
should build now.  Whether they work or not is a different story, but
they should.

The reason they are still broken on bulkbuild was they were a casualty
of the DSO binutils 2.22 issue (esound), and the pkgsrc build box had
(or still has) some sort of permissions problem that shows up in the
install stage of some packages (mainly ruby-based ones).

John