Akonadi/dbus was: repeated reboots

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Thu Feb 2 12:28:12 PST 2012

On 02/02/12 05:31, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> I have 2011Q4 in /usr/pkgsrc, but Q3 in pkgin, and have rebuilt one package.
> Should I try building dbus in Q4 or wait till the packages come out?

Mine is using Q4 (technically -HEAD during the Q4 branch period of a couple of weeks ago) -

Further tests on my end (nautilus is my target application) seem to indicate there could
be corruption in the GConf database triggering the error - or maybe mis-installation in
the pkgsrc scripts - still not clear if this is the case or not as I'm about 50% through
figguring out how to manually manage/debug the GConf DB to find/rule that out.

Building the perl GConf bindings and hacking the example up to 'dbus add directory'
is enough to trigger the 'cant connect to session bus' error on my system. A simple
python/dbus 'connect to bus' program seems to properly connect however.

I'll keep chipping away on it until I figure it out - might take a few days.

After that I'll put up some notes on investigating these kinds of issues since
there seems to be a dearth of 'installing/configuring/administering dbus/gconf'
docs out there.

Though, to note, the connection to the kmail and especially konversation issues
was  totally a guess based on the error initially reported about connecting to
the session bus.

Cheers,

- Chris