DFBSDv3.0.1 to RAID10 array (formerly Reqest for Suggestion, Ask Slashdot style)

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 03:10:42 PST 2012

Haven't heard from anyone here about my questions I asked before (quoted below).

However, as Matt once suggested in this mailing list, I created RAID10
with SiL SATA RAID CARD. When I tried to install DFBSD3.0.1, the
installer asks me whether to install da8 and da9 hdd available, now I
am a bit confused RAID10 isn't like JBOD which will calculate the
total 8TB of HDD space in four 2TB each as 4TB (half of the total
capacity)?

Or did I miss something? How do you guys install DFBSD to a RAID10? Thanks!