XScreensaver Tricks?

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Mon Feb 20 13:51:40 PST 2012

Hello -

Usually I have xscreensaver installed suid so that it can grab password infos -
& it is started from an ~/.xinitrc by my normal user -

I'm in the process of updating packages and this no longer works
(only entering the root password unlocks the screen now)

Log messages for xscreensaver -verbose between the working 5.11 copy
(old box - running 2.10) and the new box (xscreensaver 5.15 / df-2.13)
are roughly identical

Any ideas?

Can probably dig around on this but pinging first in case anyone
has run into the same issue of late & not digging on this gives
me time to dig on GConf stuff from earlier thread

Cheers,

- Chris