Paper size

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Thu Feb 2 12:00:00 PST 2012

I have a printer connected to chausie, my Linux box, and shared with CUPS.
When I print something on chausie, it defaults to A4. When I print something
on darner, it defaults to Letter, whether I'm printing from a KDE program or
something else like Aurora, and I have to change it to A4. Here are the
settings of the printer as seen from darner:

PrintoutMode/Printout Mode: Draft Draft.Gray *Normal Normal.Gray High
High.Gray Photo
PageSize/Page Size: Custom.WIDTHxHEIGHT Letter *A4 Photo Photo5x7 PhotoTearOff
3x5 5x8 A5 A6 A6TearOff B5JIS Env10 EnvC5 EnvC6 EnvDL EnvISOB5 EnvMonarch
Executive FLSA Hagaki Legal Oufuku w558h774 w612h935
Quality/Resolution, Quality, Ink Type, Media Type: *FromPrintoutMode
300ColorCMY 300ColorCMYK 300DraftColorCMY 300DraftColorCMYK 300DraftGrayscaleK
300GrayscaleK 300PhotoCMY 300PhotoCMYK 300PhotoCMYKFullBleed 600ColorCMY
600ColorCMYK 600GrayscaleK 600PhotoCMY 600PhotoCMYcmK 600PhotoCMYcmKFullBleed
600PhotoCMYK 600PhotoCMYKFullBleed

paperconf outputs "a4". Since both are set to A4, why do the apps insist on
defaulting to Letter?

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.