repeated reboots

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Thu Feb 2 01:08:53 PST 2012

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 12:47:57AM -0500, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> Also, when Kmail started, Akonadi complained about not being able to register
> with dbus. I thus have to write this on the Linux box. How do I fix it?

I think this is roughly related to the GConf error you reported earlier
that I was seeing as well - something seems amiss with gconf or dbus at
the moment - I'm trying to write a test client to isolate the issue and if
that works and the issue is not clear, I will try to see if there is some
configuration/pebcac error, and if not, see if some gconf/dbus experts
can assist determining if this is a bug there, or something on the df side

For refs, building dbus w/o KQueue support did not seem to help the
issue along for me, fwiw - and I enabled a system dbus and hald prior
to both tests which I had not previously enabled.

Cheers,

- Chris