What's the prognosis for KDE and XFCE?

peeter (must) karu.pruun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 05:11:41 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Pierre Abbat <phma at bezitopo.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 30, 2012 18:10:07 peeter wrote:
>> On x86_64 xfce4 is available as a binary package, and at least on my
>> Virtualbox it starts fine. What library are you missing?
>
> libxcb-aux.so.0; I reported it a few days ago. I'm running on 32-bit.

I am not sure now since don't have access to i386. On x86_64,
xfce4-session is built without libxcb-aux.so.0. I wonder if the error
you get is similar to this,

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2012-January/237365.html
---

---

on x86_64, xfce4-session does depend on libxcb-util.so.0.

Peeter