What's the prognosis for KDE and XFCE?

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Sun Dec 30 05:19:01 PST 2012

On Sunday, December 30, 2012 13:08:36 John Marino wrote:
> On 12/30/2012 12:43, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > I currently have no usable KDE on DFly, and XFCE is installed, but fails
> > come up because of some missing library file which I don't know where to
> > find. Is this likely to be fixed in the next quarterly?
>
> When you say, "no usable", are you limiting the discussion to available
> binary packages?  Because all of these should be buildable from source.

I tried to build KDE and got an error in strigi, which I posted on 12-09, and
got no answer. Building from source (in the normal place, not doing a bulk
build) takes a long time, because it often stops in a dependency, because
"bmake replace" in the main package doesn't cause "bmake replace" in the
dependency.

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.