Errors on SSD

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Aug 26 09:21:46 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 02:47:54PM +0200, Sven Gaerner wrote:

> Thanks. Then my assumption was ok. The disk is dying, so I'll have some
> time left to move my data on a magnetic disk and will see how long the
> SSD will work as swapcache.
>
> Do you have a recommendation for SSDs?

Intel and Crucial models are fine; some dragonflybsd.org servers use
Crucial M4 SSDs for swapcache.

Some other brands may be ok too; having a look at reviews on e.g. newegg.com
should give you a good idea wrt current models.

This web page has some return rate statistics:
http://www.behardware.com/articles/862-7/components-returns-rates-6.html
(OCZ numbers are exceptional *ahem*)

--
Francois Tigeot