Fwd: df64 pkgsrc 2012Q2 DragonFly 3.0/x86_64 2012-07-24 11:35

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Aug 10 10:13:08 PDT 2012

On 8/10/2012 15:02, Francois Tigeot wrote:

> Yes, I did disable these few tests permanently upstream. NetBSD is a fragile
> platform from LO's point of view.

My philosophy are tests are for the packager.
E.g. I have a few compiler packages that have test capability.  I run
the tests.  Once I'm satisfied with the package state, the tests are off
by default.  We already know the result of the test, retesting is
redundant work that doesn't buy you anything.

I'd like to see LO have the ability to *NOT* test per switch.  Unless
the tests are part of the compilation process, they are a waste of time
in "production" mode.

IMHO, of course.

John