fails to mount root

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Aug 13 09:30:05 PDT 2012

    Well, a 2.8 CD wouldn't have worked but you now burned a more recent
    CD and you are getting the panic again?  The question is what is the
    console output above the 'lockmgr' line ?  i.e. all I see there is
    part of the backtrace, and not the actual reason for the panic.  It's
    quite possible that it is a software bug that is exploding it.

    Antonio had a similar issue with the hammer stage 2 mount where it
    couldn't run the REDOs (which is stage 2) and then refused to mount
    because of that.  It didn't crash but it did refuse to mount, and
    I think Antonio is working on a boot-time setting to tell hammer to
    ignore a stage 2 failure and continue on with the mount anyway.

    However, your crash is slightly different... it's an actual crash, which
    means that there's a software bug somewhere.  The hammer volume might
    still not be able to mount without the variable Antonio's has been
    working on, but we should be able to track down and fix the panic.

					<dillon at backplane.com>