Hammer prune issue

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Mon Apr 30 18:11:09 PDT 2012

--20cf3005e07e2c422a04beef4002

Not totally sure but, during the prune, I can't make any new connections to
the box and my SSH session gives up and I have to reconnect when the box is
no longer busy.  It's a 6 core AMD machine with 8GB of RAM running master,
but it's not a new problem.

Tim

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Justin Sherrill
<justin at shiningsilence.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 7:36 PM, Tim Darby <t+dfbsd at timdarby.net> wrote:
> > When I run hammer prune-everything remotely via SSH, it pretty
> consistently
> > causes all network connections to that box to die, including my ssh
> session.
> >  Has anyone else seen this?
>
> I have run prune-everything a bunch of times (since I manage to fill
> disks regularly with bulk builds) and never saw this happen.
>
> Can you tell if it's actual drops or perhaps timeouts?  If it's
> timeouts, I'd wonder if it's some issue with heavy disk activity
> keeping the system from responding as fast as it needs to.  I'm
> guessing, though.

--20cf3005e07e2c422a04beef4002

he prune, I can't make any new connections to the box and my SSH sessio=
n gives up and I have to reconnect when the box is no longer busy. =A0It&#3=
9;s a 6 core AMD machine with 8GB of RAM running master, but it's not a=
 new problem.<br clear=3D"all">

Sherrill <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:justin at shiningsilence.com"=
kquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #cc=
c solid;padding-left:1ex">

m Darby <<a href=3D"mailto:t%2Bdfbsd at timdarby.net">t+dfbsd at timdarby.net<=
/a>> wrote:<br>
> When I run hammer prune-everything remotely via SSH, it pretty consist=
ently<br>
> causes all network connections to that box to die, including my ssh se=
ssion.<br>
> =A0Has anyone else seen this?<br>
 fill<br>
disks regularly with bulk builds) and never saw this happen.<br>
Can you tell if it's actual drops or perhaps timeouts? =A0If it's<b=
r>
timeouts, I'd wonder if it's some issue with heavy disk activity<br=

keeping the system from responding as fast as it needs to. =A0I'm<br>
guessing, though.<br>

--20cf3005e07e2c422a04beef4002--