How can I make a movie or animation?

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Wed Sep 7 21:43:05 PDT 2011

I have a POV-ray model which can produce animation (it's a house with the sun
moving across the sky). POV-ray is not in the current quarterly, but I
managed to make it work after upgrading by resurrecting a library file from a
snapshot. POV produces a bunch of still pictures in PNG format. When I did
this many years ago, I used gifsicle, but I'd like to produce something more
advanced than an animated GIF. So I installed mencoder (after allowing some
licences) and looked at the documentation. There's an explanation on how to
rip DVDs, but nothing that I could see about making a movie from scratch. Is
this the right tool, or should I try something else?

Pierre
--
. i toljundi do .ibabo mi'afra tu'a do
. ibabo damba do .ibabo do jinga