Marvell 88e8057, and SATA disk cache flushing?

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Oct 22 17:58:07 PDT 2011

The easy way to find out is to download a recent DragonFly iso or img and boot it; they are live images, and if they work when it boots off a CD/DVD/USB stick, you're set.I don't know about the cache flushing, but I'll note that Hammer does not have a RAID mechanism.  It works through master/slave mirroring.  I think you can use vinum, but I'd recommend using hardware RAID if possible.