0:as(0,1)/kernel:No /kernel error when Installed with snapshot of 18th and 20th

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 21:44:35 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM, YONETANI Tomokazu <y0n3t4n1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you have any idea why it's on ad3 instead of ad0, which the loader
> expect it be?  What do you see if you type
>  0:ad(3,a)?
> at the boot loader prompt (which you just quoted above)?

Well I did try that and the result is the same.
That was a 500GB Hard Disk.
I have now installed it on a 160 GB Hard Disk which is also taken as
ad3 but it boots the OS just fine.

The Mother Board is Asus M5A78L-M LE and looks like

http://www.compsource.com/pn/M5A78LMLX/Asus_46/

It has 6 SATA Ports.  2 of them near the RAM Slot and 4 of them Away
from it as you can see in the pic.

If I plug the hard disk to the two sata ports near the RAM it is taken
as ad2 and ad3
If I plug the hard disk to the four  sata ports away from the RAM Slot
it is taken as ad4, ad5, ad6 & ad7

Thanks

--Siju