need recommendations on laptops to use dragonflybsd

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado iam at juanfra.info
Mon Nov 21 10:29:44 PST 2011

On 11/19/2011 08:46 PM, Edward M. wrote:
On 11/16/11 19:32, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
On 11/11/2011 09:41 PM, Edward M. wrote:
Hi,

I'm buying a new laptop this month, I need recommendations on
modern laptops( intel cpu only) that users are using with
dragonflybsd.
thanks

I think the best wifi adapters for dragonfly are atheros. And by
now don't buy a laptop with ATI graphics, me and other user have
had problems with ATI in dfly.
Cheers.

Thanks.

I also had problems with my laptop, it also has ATI video. I will
keep looking for one that uses either nvidia or intel video and an
atheros wifi adapter.
The last weekend Dillon worked in a fix for the problem with the ATI
graphics cards and DRI. So, ignore my suggestion about ATI :)
--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info