eval: fsck: Exec format error

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Nov 15 12:40:15 PST 2011

Siju,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 03:59:55PM +0530, Siju George wrote:
> I was upgrading the server to new src and got this error.
[...]
> : write failed, filesystem is full
> ========================
>
> and the system paniced
> i did a 'call dumpsys' and rebooted but it gave this error.
>
> eval:fsck:Exec format error and I dropped into the shell prompt.

None of the errors you posted recently make sense by themselves but there's a
pattern -- your hardware is dying

I had a look at the core dumps you put on leaf. In both cases, the root cause
of the panics was a failure of the ad8 hard drive to execute a command.

Sadly, the last two errors are consistent with data corruption.

If you value your data, you should get it off this machine now. With luck,
only the hard drive is failing but a bad power supply could also cause these
sorts of errors and slowly kill most of the components.

--
Francois Tigeot