my old laptop bios freezes on reboot after dflyBSD installed

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Mon Nov 28 05:08:53 PST 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 03:42:07 +0100, Edward M. <unixdragonflybsd at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

  I'm  have an issue with my old  laptop and DragonFlyBSD.
it's a rebranded compal 56-15, pentium m, 1GB ram, Ati video. The issue
I'm having is the live cd boots fine after i disabled acpi within
dragonfly. because it was stoping on a error
once  the live cd boots with acpi driver disabled, I'm able to install
dragonfly by using the "installer" pogram everthing seems fine but once
i reboot. the bios freezes on reboot on
"insyde ACPI BIOS initialized (Version 3.00.05). i have to poweroff the
laptop remove the hd and connect  it to another unit, erase  dragonfly
from it and reinstall the
hd back to the laptop once again the laptop  boots again. I only need to
install an OS. All other OSes work fine on this unit except dflybsd.

Thanks! I'm not sure how i will be able to get the log from dmesg when
it is running from the live cd?
Please check out this issue -> http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/issues/989

Sascha