How to Correctly map sernos to device names

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.com
Sat Nov 26 22:04:38 PST 2011

On 11/24/11 04:14, Siju George wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to correctly map /dev/serno to device names.
Also, provided you don't mind keeping a devfs.conf,
You can also setup something like this:
link serno/6RY18WCV.s1d dev02.usr

this will create a '/dev/dev02.usr' link to

/dev/serno/6RY18WCV.s1d

so you don't have to remember the device names.

When I was setting this up, I couldn't determine
a way to map the root filesystem using devfs.conf
as the root filesystem is mounted before devfs.conf
applies - that being said I didn't really dig into the
code, etc - devfs guru's feel free to provide tips/pointers
if I'm mistaken.
Cheers,

- Chris