Fwd: Re: Core Dump fault virtual address on DragonFly v2.13.0.154.g481b38-DEVELOPMENT

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Mon Nov 14 23:33:05 PST 2011

(forward to list)
On 11/15/2011 7:51 AM, Siju George wrote:
Hi,

I didn't receive any response to the core dump message i sent yesterday.
Should i be sending these messages to bugs instead? please let me know.
I have put the coredump at leaf:/home/sgeorge/crash/Coredump20111115.tbz
My kernel version is DragonFly v2.13.0.154.g481b38-DEVELOPMENT
These Core dumps does not happen every time.
Now I have removed a 512 MB RAM from the machine and I have got the
system up now and I am upgrading to the latest src.
Thanks

--Siju

The core dump message was

The devs are very busy with MP performance development (see gitweb for
all recent kernel modifications) and probably nobody has had time to
even look at this.
BTW, that's not really a useful message.  The useful message is in the
file /var/crash/core.text.X where X is the crash number of the saved
dump.  Look in there for the 1-2 line text that more descriptively
describes the panic.
P.S. I can't help you, but people are reading this list.
John