partition invalid or corrupt

william opensource4you william.os4y at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:25:41 PST 2011

Thanks Mathias for your answer.
But I think, I've performed your suggestion without much success.

Here after what I've tried ...

- install dfbsd on partition3: no success
- install dfbsd on partition1: no success

within Grub, I've tried:
- root (hd1,1): no success
- rootnoverify (hd1,1,a): no success
- rootnoverify (hd1,1): no success

During the install, I've looked at the tty1 (kind of log file), and,
amongst different messages, I see "raw partition offset != slice
offset". Does this could be the cause of my problem ? If yes, how to
solve ?
(in the dfbsd mailing-list there is one person having the same error
message, but no one has answered to him).

An another strange error message I see ...
after the command disklabel64 -B -r -w ad6s1 auto, I see "cannot find
label (no disk label)". Does this is the cause of the problem ?
(for this message, I've not yet googling)

Thanks