Unable to boot Dragonfly GUI on virtual machine

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Wed Nov 9 13:36:38 PST 2011

On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 22:00:27 +0100, Sanath Kumar
<dayanandasaraswati at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,
   I wanted to experiment with Dragonfly so I downloaded the GUI img file
and tried to boot in a VM(VirtualBox & VMWare). I mapped the image as a
floppy disk in the VM Guest Machine and tried to boot. It gets stuck in
Are you sure this should work (mapping the .img as a floppy disk)? I'm not
sure this is guaranteed to work in all VMs, even (as you wrote) it did
work in qemu.

I'd recommend rater taking a (non-GUI, though) snapshot ISO from
http://avalon.dragonflybsd.org/snapshots and install Xorg with pkg_radd(1).

Sascha