HEADS UP: Some old ISA drivers were removed, kernel config might need adjustment

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Thu Jul 21 01:37:21 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I just removed a number of old ISA specific drivers and programs:

Drivers:

aha(4), asc(4), ctx, dgb(4), el(4), gpib, gsc(4), ie(4), labpc(4), le(4),
mse(4), rc(4), rdp(4), spigot, tw(4), wl(4), wt(4)

Programs:

sasc(1), sgsc(1), wlconfig(8), xten(1), xtend(8)

See the commit message for more details:

http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly.git/commit/ad9f8794f2f018b4187756bfd362eed57d8498ea

Note that two of those drivers were in GENERIC, aha(4) and ie(4), and one
was in X86_64_GENERIC (aha(4)).

So if you have a kernel configuration derived from {,X86_64_}GENERIC and
want to update to master, you will have to remove them (buildkernel will
complain and tell you about it).

Also note that in the (very unlikely, I think) case you are actually using
one of these drivers, please speak up!

If it is important to you, we can always undo changes selectively.

Best regards,
Sascha
--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx