lpt0 unreachable since DragonFly 2.10 (or so)

Stephane Russell srussell at prodigeinfo.com
Sun Jul 3 12:44:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

Does anybody used /dev/lpt0 successfuly since DragonFly 2.10 (or so, I
didn't tested it when I passed from DF 2.4 to 2.8)? When I'm contacting
the lpt port, directly with cat or lptcontrol, or thrue lpd, it never
returns, I have to stop the command with Ctrl-C or by shutting off lpd.
My printer's unreachable.

What's strage is that when I'm in single user mode, everything's back to
normal. I tried to disable all services in the "regular" boot mode, but
the problem was still there. I tried then to disable ACPI, AHCI, I tried
safe mode, nothing worked.

The printer is detected successfully at boot time.

Anybody had this too?

Thanks for any reply,

SR