Pkgsrc 2010Q4 out, packages building

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Jan 12 19:42:56 PST 2011

The most recent version of pkgsrc's quarterly releases is out: pkgsrc-2010Q4.

I'm starting the build of packages now - avalon should be back by the time
they finish, for upload.  It usually takes at least a week.  Packages for
i386/2.9 will be delayed somewhat, as avalon was where I built them.

(On that note, anyone have an AM2+ CPU, 4G of DDR2 RAM, or a hard drive
they'd be willing to donate so I can finish this box I'm putting together
for package building?)

If you want to pull down pkgsrc-2010Q4 RIGHT NOW and don't want to wait
for avalon to come back so you can grab it through git, cvs will work:

    export CVSROOT=anoncvs at anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
    export CVS_RSH=ssh
    cd /usr
    cvs -q checkout -rpkgsrc-2010Q4 -P pkgsrc

Update with:

    cvs -q update -dP

Or just switch back to git when it's available - there may be a clever way
to update, but I'd just delete the pkgsrc directory and re-download.  It
may be possible to get the 2010Q4 branch via git from crater; I haven't
tried.