Pango fails for Linux binaries

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Sat Jan 1 18:06:58 PST 2011

I tried both bst (a program to develop software for the Parallax Propeller
microcontroller) and openoffice and got the same error:

-bash-3.2$ /tmp/bst

(bst:36461): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/opt/gnome/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

(bst:36461): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion
`PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
Abort trap: 6 (core dumped)
-bash-3.2$ soffice
javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!

(soffice.bin:36477): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded
modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/opt/gnome/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.

(soffice.bin:36477): Pango-CRITICAL **: _pango_engine_shape_shape: assertion
`PANGO_IS_FONT (font)' failed

Pango-ERROR **: file shape.c: line 75 (pango_shape): assertion failed:
(glyphs->num_glyphs > 0)
aborting...
sh: : command not found
-bash-3.2$

Both are Linux binaries (soffice is a shell script, but it calls soffice.bin,
which is a Linux binary). How do I fix this?

Pierre
--
Jews use a lunisolar calendar; Muslims use a solely lunar calendar.