CRC data failed?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Thu Jan 6 11:56:05 PST 2011

Matthew Dillon writes:

It sounds like the filesystem image got corrupted, your best bet is
to wipe it completely (w/ newfs_hammer).
Only a handfull of files seem to have a problem, so for now I will leave as
it. I guess I could try deleting those files.

 It is possible to recover the data to another filesystem (not in-place)
if you need the data.
Will do. I will setup another VM. The original data was downloaded over DSL
and took almost a week to download.

Checking the entire filesystem's CRCs can be done by issuing a
mirror-read redirected to /dev/null and seeing if any errors pop
up.  This will wind up reading the entire disk and could take some
time depending on the size of the filesystem.
Where can I read about how to do that?

Also, is the crash possibly due to the fact it is in a VM? This is my first
production test of DragonFly, so I am trying to understand what happened. If
this was a sever with original data, I would be pretty worried about the
data.