CRC data failed?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 6 10:11:49 PST 2011

:This is a backup machine. Should I just delete all the files with problems
:and resync? How can I confirm the status of Hammer to make sure it is ok?
:

    It sounds like the filesystem image got corrupted, your best bet is
    to wipe it completely (w/ newfs_hammer).  It is possible to recover
    the data to another filesystem (not in-place) if you need the data.

    Checking the entire filesystem's CRCs can be done by issuing a
    mirror-read redirected to /dev/null and seeing if any errors pop
    up.  This will wind up reading the entire disk and could take some
    time depending on the size of the filesystem.

					<dillon at backplane.com>