jail -- ps: bad namelist - no kernbase

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Tue Jan 4 12:56:06 PST 2011

Hi Olivier,

Thanks:-) But it's sloved enabling devfs for the guest, and the rules
for that were missing in /etc/defaults/rc.conf and /etc/rc.d/jail.
Maybe my reply didn't pass on the newsgroups though, since it hat patchs
as joined documents.

//Pierre-Philipp

Oliver Fromme wrote:
Pierre-Philipp Braun <pbraun at nethence.com> wrote:
 > I'm trying to run a jail guest and I'm experiencing a little issue.  I
 > can't ps,
 >     ps: bad namelist - no kernbase

Sounds like kernel version and ps binary don't match.
Are you sure they belong to the exact same DF version?
 > nor ping,
 >     ping: socket: Operation not permitted
Raw sockets (thus ping) are disabled in jails by default,
for security reasons.  If you know what you're doing, you
can enable them with sysctl security.jail.allow_raw_sockets.
Best regards
   Oliver
--
//Pierre-Philipp