jail -- ps: bad namelist - no kernbase

Pierre-Philipp Braun pbraun at nethence.com
Sun Jan 2 18:33:38 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to run a jail guest and I'm experiencing a little issue.  I
can't ps,
    ps: bad namelist - no kernbase
nor ping,
    ping: socket: Operation not permitted

I installed it manually using cpdup (without any options) against
memstick's content (same one I used to install the jail host: x86_64
2.8.2).  Enabling procfs in the guest didn't help.  There's no device
files appart from log, null and random but guests's dmesg says it's
mounting devs.  I don't have any /etc/fstab but I don't think that's an
no-no since I can see the and walk into the tree (root on / hammer).
I'm running the default kernel.  Any help?

Thanks
//Pierre-Philipp