Hammer recover question

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Feb 20 14:21:35 PST 2011

:This was a 1.8.2 system.  Having a 1.9 system handy, I plugged the drive
:(300GB IDE) into it and tried hammer recover for the first time to see what
:I could save.  The good news is that it's recovering a ton of data!  The bad
:news is that it's taking an incredible amount of time.  So far it's been
:running 24 hours.  Is that to be expected?  The bad disk had approximately
:50GB on it, as reported by the df utility, but I don't know how much of that
:is snapshots.
:
:Tim

    It scans the entire disk linearly, so however long that takes is how
    long recover takes to run.