How big is fully loaded?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Feb 16 15:41:16 PST 2011

On Wed, February 16, 2011 11:12 am, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> If I wanted a system with every package loaded, and enough space for
> recompiling the kernel every month and upgrading the packages every
> quarter, how big would it be?

I assume you mean disk size.  You'd want more disk space for whatever you
actually do with the machine, other than installation/compilation.  Far
more of my disk space is taken with music/images than with installed
package binary files.

I'd go for 500G - a cheap disk is that size these days, and that's more
than you'd need for the basics.  You can probably go much smaller, but how
much smaller is up to how you use it.