miredo

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Wed Feb 9 09:18:10 PST 2011

On Sunday 06 February 2011 16:13:01 Chris Turner wrote:
> Unfortunately not all the daemon providing packages provide
> rc.d scripts - based on the PLIST (packing list) for this package,
> it looks like this is the case here -
>
> The easiest way to run at boot would be to put in /etc/rc.local,
> but, Based on the manual page it looks like this is a
> pretty 'standard' daemon, with a -c conffile and a /var/run pidfile -
>
> so it shouldn't be too bad to tweak an existing rc.d script -
> I'd probably try copying from ssh or inetd or maybe syslogd -
> alot of the main stuff is setup by the rc.subr - basically,
> set the command name and it should start -
>
> I kind of hacked up the sshd one as attached - maybe it will work?
>
> The links from the earlier thread about 'rcrun' also apply
>
> If you do get one working - please do submit a pkgsrc bug at
> the netbsd bugtracker so it will be included in future releases
> of that package

I just sent it to pkgsrc-users, and it is also attached. But when I run it, I
find that both darner and chausie can ping6 a computer elsewhere on the net,
but they cannot ping each other. Chausie gets "Destination unreachable:
Address unreachable"; darner just draws a blank. Any idea why?

Pierre

--
lo ponse be lo mruli po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko
miredo