Dragonfly network changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Feb 17 19:25:49 PST 2011

    Various DragonFly machines are now running on a much faster network
    thanks to AT&T u-verse, and despite utterly horrid disaster that
    at&t's little router box is I am slowly managing to thrash it into
    shape.

    Our main web site is now on the new network (www, gitweb, wiki,
    and bugs).

	http://www.dragonflybsd.org/

    Developer access to leaf via the new network will work if you
    use 'leaf-uv.dragonflybsd.org'.  leaf.dragonflybsd.org will continue
    to use the old network for a while.

    Our nameserver topology has been revamped a bit to remove old cruft
    and dual-home the networks.

    I will not be renumbering until I can get the reverse DNS operational
    (lots of phone tag with AT&T), plus give the new network a good burn-in.

    --

    For those interested this is AT&T Business U-Verse.  Downlink speed is
    around 16 MBits and uplink speed is around 2 MBits with their

    Of course, I only really care about uplink speed here, since I'm
    serving data out.

    However, the AT&T service so far does seem a bit more consistent
    and I will test it vs my comcast internet (before I get rid of it)
    with hulu et-all.

					<dillon at backplane.com>