Which is ideal with HAMMER? softraid or hammer volume_add

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 07:50:25 PST 2011

nanoBSD is a fun to work with, yet very time consuming. There is a ton
of stuffs that is coming with FreeBSD9 like the resource allocation to
jails and HAST.

The new FreeNAS team (maybe ixsystems management) has made some
marketing gimmicks
(http://forums.freenas.org/showthread.php?5291-Is-this-deliberate-in-FreeNAS8)
which deviates me away from FreeNAS8 whereas FreeNAS 0.7.5 version
looks promising, but to create something useful with jails seems to be
a strenous task with that image.

That is the reason I wanted to go with DFBSD with HAMMER, which also
has some limitations till these lines are written. ;-)