What happened to branches other than dragonfly-2010Q3

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Aug 19 06:08:08 PDT 2011

I've seen a number of people say they get errors when downloading
dragonfly pkgsrc via git.  I don't know what's causing it, but 2
workaround for now would be to either grab it the old-fashioned way
via CVS: (assuming tcsh)

setenv CVSROOT anoncvs at anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
setenv CVS_RSH ssh
cd /usr
cvs -q checkout -rpkgsrc-2011Q1 -P pkgsrc

Or switch to Joerg Sonnenberger's git : (warning, this is off the top
of my head; untested)

in /usr/pkgsrc:
git remote add github https://github.com/jsonn/pkgsrc.git
git fetch github
git branch pkgsrc-2011Q1 github/pkgsrc-2011Q1
git checkout pkgsrc-2011Q1
git pull

I'm curious to see if git chokes when downloading from a different source...