getty repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv0

Siju George sgeorge.ml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 04:08:34 PDT 2011

Hi,

I Finally got Xorg and FVWM compiled on v2.11.0.586.ga700a-DEVELOPMENT
from pkgsrc-2011Q2
I changed my shell to /usr/pkg/bin/bash and logged in.
Put "exec fvwm" into .xinitrc and typed startx. Everything came up fine.

opening up an xterm and trying to type "su" I got this

$sssssssuuuuuuuu

Tried again in another xterm same effect.
Quit Xterm and in the console I tried to type "startx" but it comes as.

$ssssssttttttt

I quit the colsole and there is this message

Aug 24 11:10:28 blk-build init: getty repeating too quickly on port
/dev/ttyv0, sleeping 30 secs

I try to login the console again as "sgeorge" but

login: sssssssssssssssss   :-(

How to trouble shoot this?

Thanks

--Siju