virtualbox & "greetings"

Stéphanie Ouillon stephanie at minet.net
Sun Apr 3 08:52:13 PDT 2011

Le 03/04/11 03:32, Justin Sherrill a écrit :
On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM, * William<william.full.moon at gmail.com>  wrote:
G'day dragonfly folk.

I found getting any access to Dragonfly 'conversations' difficult.  So my
second question, is do you have a google or yahoo group for general
conversation?  If you want adopters -- May be you should do that?  I looked
at the website post: 'How to Move vmware Disk' and couldn't use the
information.  What ever comes up with the ISO image; is missing some basic
shell set-up because it FAULT-s duiring start-up.  (My next mail tomorrow is
to VirtualBox to provide some meta-logging facility on the main window).
For me - I'm looking for a ready-to go virtualbox image or a way to boot
from the ISO download and install Dragonfly to a VMI virtual disk?  Where do
I begin?   If that's not hapening: Is there a way to make a bootable or
(better yet) a virtuallybootable vmware  thumbdrive for Dragonfly?  Looking
forward to getting 'air-borne'!
The users@ list that you are posting to is for general conversation -
you're already there!  There's also a running conversation on
#dragonflybsd on EFNet if you use IRC.
It sounds like you are having trouble installing DragonFly in a VM
with Virtualbox; Virtualbox seems to have trouble with DragonFly on
every other Virtualbox release.  i.e. I've heard reports that the
Virtualbox 4 release has trouble, but recent Virtualbox 3 releases did
not.  Your mileage may vary.
VMWare Player and Qemu both work consistently, in the same role as
Virtualbox, in my experience.
Hello,
if you need, it works with the last release of Virtualbox 4.0.4.