2.10 Release scheduled for Monday.

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 22 13:21:27 PDT 2011

    My weekend schedule is too crowded so we will be doing the official
    release Monday evening.

    HEAD is now 2.11 and we have a 2.10 release branch.  2011Q1 packages
    have been built though some work is still ongoing.  Preliminary nrelease
    builds have succeeded and testing continues.

    We couldn't quite fit a moderate unrolling of the global VM system token
    into the release but Venkatesh will be working on it with a vengeance
    in HEAD after the release.  Except for the VM subsystem, all other
    critical paths are MPSAFE.

    The AHCI/CAM driver enhancements have made it into the release, so
    significant improvements in concurrent random disk I/O for AHCI-attached
    devices should be noticeable.

					<dillon at backplane.com>