virtualbox & "greetings"

Úlfar Ellenarson uel at applicon.is
Tue Apr 5 09:08:41 PDT 2011

Try installing a small linux distro or live linux distro from a iso image.  If they install and run with no problem than you can rule out virtualbox and windows xp as the culprits..  I would also try virtualpc from microsoft a free virtualisation product that you can download from microsoft.com. Cheers.Úlfar From: * William [mailto:william.full.moon at gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:36 PMTo: Úlfar EllenarsonSubject: Re: virtualbox & "greetings" Thanks for the confirmation.That is exactly what I did the first, second and third time.  I'm not quite sure I did the correct steps.  It doesn't boot.  The problem may be with virtual box, my set-up or ... some place else.On 5 April 2011 07:32, Úlfar Ellenarson <uel at applicon.is> wrote:Hi William, I think you might be going about this the wrong way.  What I think you want to do is install dragonfly bsd in virtualbox.  If so than it is a relatively simple operation.  You can download the stable iso from dragonfly bsd from http://www.dragonflybsd.org/download/ and click on either current i386 or x86_64 CD link.  You will download a bunziped iso image.  You will need to uncompress the image with software for windows xp which supports bunzip.  It should not be to hard to google for it.  You will than use the iso image as your install image from within virtualbox.  When selecting the cdrom during the set up of your virtualbox guest (use freebsd for operating system sinc dragonfly bsd is not an option) you can choose to use a iso image.  Your computer will boot up and the install process will begin.  You will need to use if this is your first time installing dragonfly bsd http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/Installation/.  I am guessing from what you say that you want to have a dragonfly bsd system running in virtualbox.   Cheers,Wolf