example of dfbsd deployment or product that based on dfbsd

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Wed Sep 29 01:58:15 PDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, den 29.09.2010, 09:17 +0700 schrieb Iwan Budi Kusnanto:
> Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> > On Tue, September 28, 2010 3:54 am, Iwan Budi Kusnanto wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I just have interest in DFBSD and have some questions.
> >>
> >> Can someone give me examples of some big/great DFBSD deployment or some
> >> product that based of DFBSD ?
> >>
> >> Is DFBSD proven to be rock solid in real world ?
> >
> > I don't know if these are the scale you are looking for , but
>
> I'm looking for  production server that used by some company for their
> mission critical application.

We are running our email and web servers on DragonFly (right now in a
virtual machine under a huge Linux/KVM host). Well, email is somehow
mission critical for us :). Last night the Linux host went sudddenly
down due to loosing power. The DragonFly virtual box survived the sudden
death of it's host without the need for fsck or the like thanks to
HAMMER (while the Linux host had to spend a few minutes in fsck :).

Regards,

  Michael